A forty-year old married kindergarten teacher living in Staten Island is terminally bored with her banal middle-class existence. When she becomes convinced that her five-year-old student is a budding poetic genius, she decides to nurture his talents in a reckless and questionable manner.
- USA, 2018
- FEST 47
- Sara Colangelo
- Sara Colangelo, Nadav Lapid
- Maggie Gyllenhaal, Gael García Bernal, Ato Blankson-Wood, Libya Pugh
- 2018 Sandens, Toronto / Sundance Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival
- 2018 The Kindergarten Teacher / Vaspitačica
2014 Little Accidents
- Pepe Avila del Pino
- Lee Percy, Marc Vives
- Maggie Gyllenhaal, Trudie Styler, Talia Kleinhendler
- Pie Films, Farcaster Films
- MCF MegaCom Film
Price: 400 RSD
Cineplexx UŠĆE Shopping Center, sala 1
Price: 400 RSD
Price: 350 RSD
Jugoslovenska kinoteka, Makavejev Hall
Price: 300 RSD
Cinegrand - Capitol Park Rakovica, sala 1
Sara Colangelo is an award-winning writer and director. Her first film, the short documentary Halal Vivero, was a National Finalist at the 2006 Student Academy Awards, and her narrative short, Un Attimo di Respiro, screened at over fifteen national and international film festivals including Tribeca and SXSW. It earned Sara a Wasserman Prize for Best Direction at New York University.
The uncommonly adventurous Maggie Gyllenhaal hits a new career peak with The Kindergarten Teacher.
Peter Travers, Rolling Stone